Today was a big day: It was the first day I avoided PerezHilton.com. No, I'm not doing this because I'm trying to break an addiction, stand up for celebrity rights, or because I'm not interested in the death of Michael Jackson. In fact, it is the exact opposite! I am SO interested in the death of Michael Jackson that I don't want to read Perez Hilton's blog.
I am extremely saddened by his death (or rather, his life,) and it pains me to read interviews with everyone who has ever SPOKEN to the man rambling on about his bizarre, pill-popping lifestyle. Have some respect! The man is dead! Perhaps he lived the way he did because his closest "friends" and the people surrounding him his entire life would sell him out for a few dollars to the tabloids once he died. It it ridiculous for me to be so upset about his death considering I never knew him, was never a HUGE fan of him or his music--I am simply just another regular person in this world who danced mindlessly to his music and squealed at the sight of his 15th nose job. This man clearly had issues. But so do you, and so do I. And maybe one day I'll end up being so torn up and restless about the way I look that I will go get 13 surgeries on a particular body part. And perhaps emotional torment, constant prodding, and incessant bother in my personal life and will drive me to find relief in prescription medication. Or maybe you will be victimized and wrongly accused of the molestation of a child. But I can promise you, I won't be calling the papers to tell them about your crazy lifestyle when you are lying lifeless in a morgue, and I can only hope you would treat me with the same respect. Are we forgetting that he has children? YOUNG children, in fact! Not one, not two, THREE! And not only will these children grow up without a father (or a mother), but what the media is doing is comparable to bathing a burn victim in salt water. So today, I quit perezhilton.com cold turkey.
I'm sorry, Perez. I think you have the right ideas about a lot of things. Like you, I support equal rights and think you are doing a wonderful thing by making it known that it is important to stand up for what you believe in. I think when you put articles up about different charities and good causes it is also a way of using your power for good. But unfortunately, it took the death of a man to make me realize we no longer are on the same page. I can no longer enjoy your website, and can not help but feel resentment towards you with each additional posting about Michael Jackson's death. Michael's closest family and friends (the REAL friends) have spoken so highly of him and how wonderful of a person he was. This man's death should not be exploited, and we should remember him for the legend he was, is, and always will be. (I truly, honestly don't believe Michael Jackson molested any children. I have seen how the police and parents can manipulate a child's mind into believing things that never occurred. But, that's neither here nor there, and another story for another day.) In closing, goodbye Perez, and good luck in all of your future endeavors.
Rest in peace, Michael. I hope you have found peace where you are.
xoxo
erin
No comments:
Post a Comment